3 January Print
Singer Janet Jackson has at the age of 50 given birth to her first child, a baby boy, her publicist has confirmed.
A statement said the musician and her Qatari businessman husband, Wissam Al Mana, were “thrilled” to welcome the infant, Eissa Al Mana.
“Janet had a stress-free healthy delivery and is resting comfortably,” the publicist added.
Speculation about her pregnancy surfaced last April when she postponed her Unbreakable tour.
She posted a video on Twitter at the time in which she told fans that she was postponing the tour because “there’s been a sudden change”.
“I thought it was important that you be the first to know,” she said, adding: “Please, if you can try and understand that it’s important that I do this now.”
She said she wanted to focus on planning a family with her husband, whom she wed in 2012.
Jackson had earlier been spotted in London shopping for baby essentials.
Janet Damita Jo Jackson was born on 16 May 1966 in Gary, Indiana
She is the youngest of nine children and sister of late pop icon Michael Jackson
She released her first album, Janet Jackson, in 1982
She has a total of 11 albums with the most recent, Unbreakable, released in 2015
She is a seven-time Grammy award winner
She began her career with the family’s reality TV series The Jacksons in 1976 and has since appeared in several movies such as Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married
The singer married her third husband, Qatari billionaire Wissam al-Mana, in 2012
Her two previous marriages were a year-long union with soul singer James DeBarge in the mid-1980s, and to dancer Rene Elizondo Jr from 1991-2000
- Oprah's Powerful Weight Watchers Commercial Is Bringing People to Tears ~ Economy, Entertainment, Health, News 31 December, at 00 : 49 AM
- Steve Harvey Missed End of Miss Universe Rehearsals and 'Did Not Practice' Announcing Winner, Source Says ~ Entertainment, News 22 December, at 22 : 50 PM
- Jennifer Lopez Rocks Bodysuit With Crazy Cutouts For iHeartRadio Music Festival ~ Entertainment, News 21 September, at 07 : 24 AM
- Bobby Brown Thinks Whitney Called Bobbi Kristina To Heaven — Sad First Interview ~ Entertainment, News 14 September, at 13 : 28 PM
- INAUGURAL ADDRESS OF HIS EXCELLENCY, NANA ADDO DANKWA AKUFO-ADDO, ON THE OCCASION OF HIS SWEARING IN AS PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC, AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE GHANA ARMED FORCES. ~ News, Politics 8 January, at 23 : 38 PM